Share a picture of your DCC set up

Love the Marantz dd82. Totally the center of my music set up even a dedicated shelf for my pre- recorded tapes.

Only regret is that I did not get the dd-92:)

3 Likes

My DCC600 now with my stacks and other vintage audio equipment like sacd and Dat.

All now working.

Many thanks to DCC museum for spares and help and also to others that shared information.

4 Likes

Nice N4504 too!

Nice setup… What is that Philips cd record player? Can CD-R record like MD (edit toc, name of songs) or only copy CD-s? Can Play mp3 files on RW discs?

1. As much as I remember, no, CD-R or CD-RW can’t be edited as easily than a MiniDisc. If you want to add or remove tracks, you can’t finalize the disc and won’t probably be able to play them on regular CD players (until you “close” the session). It rather works like a computer CD burner.

2. I remember as well you had to use “audio CD-R’s” if you wanted to record with a hi-fi CD burner. Plus, those CD’s were more expensive than normal CD-R/CD-RW, but I know there was a trick (not sure which one exactly) to bypass this limitation.

3. In short, MiniDisc (and DCC of course ^^) were far more convenient for a general public use.