Share a picture of your DCC set up

I have only one cd-deck, that is the X555ES with a small modification. Replaced almost all caps with Panasonic ones. Really sounds stunning.

It’s a bit dark, will make a new picture. The other is a JA20ES minidisc recorder.

Btw. I believe the ZA5ES was Sony’s last good ES DAT recorder they made.

3 Likes

My small collection, one of my pair of 730’s is in my garage needing some attention

5 Likes

Nice collection. Always loved the Marantz :+1:

1 Like

Here is a picture of part of my home studio setup, the DCC 951 is on the top right - it is rather full, I know, I kept adding gear :wink:
There also is a great Revox B215 cassette deck, Revox A77 mk IV 2 track reel to reel recorder, Sony minidisk and DAT recorder and some more stuff.

My DCC 900 is in my study (with more gear) but is taken apart for a recap right now.

8 Likes

Here a (not so good) picture of the side of my workbench, where the decks are.
From top to bottom:
-DCC300
-Technics CD player
-DCC730
-DCC600
-DCC951
-CD911

Not shown here are the gazillion other players and also portables that I have stored somewhere else :smiley:
Before you ask: no, that is not an official Pink Floyd DCC. It is a (very well made) fan made one that I bought once.

-Philip.

6 Likes

Wow… and only one set of ears!!!

1 Like

This is my listening setup. Homebuilt 2A3 amp, dcc 951 Sony preamp, sony sacd/dvd player…
Not in the picture dcc 730, cd 940, Thorens td166, Akai gx 635db…

4 Likes

Sweet sounding set up with the Marantz DCC at its heart

4 Likes

5 Likes

I love the clean setup and the space between the components. Makes it breath doesn’t it? That turntable must sound nice with that big glass platter! I give you a 10 out of 10!

2 Likes

I would love to have the same space between the setup as @GidionDehaan but this originated because of growing up kids. You want to protect those valves from any balls thrown around the place, so I put it in a Chinese cupboard. And it more or less works…
The Thorens though needs a more stable situation. Kids are grown up, no more balls flying around… now all I need is a space to mount it firmly on the wall, so one can actually walk around without skipping a groove…

1 Like

Some pictures of my Setup/Collection(part of)/Work in progress (Now all working) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I see you have a Realistic Tape Control Center from Radio Shack managing part of that setup, too. Good choice – I have two of them myself. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, great configurations, my setup:

Somewhere …

under the bed the dcc300 rest in peace

One day it stopped making a noise carrying away a cassette of tears for fears. I"ve have a question, after disassembling and reassembling completely the deck, there is one small steel ball left and i don’t remember where it is

About my dcc730, it’s in the cave, it freezes. when i just open cassette deck drawer without cassette, after 2 times, it freezes. I Disassembe cassette deck and it worked about 3 weeks. it seemed problems was near motors and connectors. To be continued …with the help of dcc museum !!!

Thanks

5 Likes

Awesome set up and loving the Marantz. Absolutely awesome. I am now looking for a matching Marantz tape deck or cd player think it is the sd62

1 Like

Here is a picture of my setup:

Description of the kit
Speakers - Reiver Jenner
Left side of the unit:
Bottom - PSU’s for the turntables and phono amp
Middle - Philips DCC 730 (playing an analogue tape currently)
Top - Bigbottle MK3 Valve Phono amp
Very top - Michell Orbe (modified) with Rega RB300 arm and Goldring Elite MC cart

Middle of the unit:
Bottom - Pure Sound A30 valve amp (used as a power amp)
Middle - Myryad Z40 headphone amp (used also as a preamp. Firebottle OTP MkII Phono amp
Very top - Technics SP-10 TT (in original plinth), SME V tonearm, Denon DL103M MC cart (modded)

Right of the unit:
Bottom - Some records :slight_smile:
Middle - Pi3 in a home built case (3D printed) housing a R-2R DAC and 7inch touchscreen, USB DVD/CD player connected to the PI, Pi4 with USB DAC (used as a Roon end point)
Very top - JVC TT-71 turntable in a home built plinth, 12 inch wooden tonearm with a Golding G800 cartridge

Overall the DCC player sounds really good, even with normal cassettes.

Thanks (hope you are all still awake :laughing:

5 Likes

Had a reshuffle of items although the marantz dd82 will never leave.

3 Likes

Am addicted to the Philips dcc170 and now trying out the dcc130

Stax amplifier with DAC to boost the playback

Top 3 pre recorded tapes are:

1. Sepultura A.D.
  2. Iconic Groove, Ben Liebrand
  3. Nirvana, Nevermind
  4. Metallica
  5. Stereo MC

Haha and for bonus points The Dire straits, on every street is a fake and I was scammed believing it was the album vs a show case.:frowning:

3 Likes

Here’s my stuff…

4 Likes

That’s a pretty impressive stack, there! You definitely have at least a couple of formats in that system that I don’t have – I never did get into DAT, and there’s a couple of other units in there I don’t recognize…

Is that one of those Sanyo microcassette decks sitting on top of the Elcaset unit? Now that’s rare! As I recall, those things were hardly even on the market for more than a year or two, and I never knew anyone who owned one. Where on earth do you find metal-bias microcassettes for it?

1 Like