New DCC's Shells 3D & Tape type tests

This.Is.Awesome.

1 Like

Hi there-- any more news on this project?

1 Like

Not yet.

Today was the day that two types came in for testing,
based on the experience that we had a really small chance tot succes.

Here the results, NO good RECORDING POSSIBLE !!!

Note: sound of video is not comming from the recording.

1 Like

Before we ordered the red shell tapes.
We did a really positive recording with a NOS Sony UX-S tapes.

(note: we recorded a hole ablum and played in multiple players, merely is the tape not as shock proof as a normal DCC)

Till to day this is the only way to go …
… if someone has additional in signed let us know.

1 Like

Thanks for trying. Much appreciated.
The only other thing that could be worth testing, if the tape of both would work in a original dcc shell?

Ralf

1 Like

Was worth a try although kind of disappointing, thanks for trying!

Love the dedication but such a shame it did not work. Would love to buy actually new tapes vs the nos blank tapes.

1 Like

The chrome tape is NOS but more of it is available then DCC tapes, it is younger and properly stored.

I know it’s an old thread, bit I did manage recording on a chrome tape. It was a sony and it said CD-IT on the package… drilled holes in it and it worked, even with the standard felt pad…

3 Likes

How about dropouts?

1 Like

Well… if I recall it was doable… 3 dropouts per album. So for a standard cassette not bad. I guess this tape in a DCC shell would play even better!

1 Like

Precisely. I am sure the overall construction of the shell contributes a lot to the stability. I am thinking of the tape guides inside, the foil, and of course the felt pad construction with the 2 metal ridges for optimum tape guiding and transport.

2 Likes