Yes ive seen that topic, fortunately mine will load a tape it just refuses to switch the capstan motor on.
So my next idea was to power up the motor via another 5v line, but to my surprise it still didn’t spin…
So the motor seems dead too, possibly the cause of the failure on the Control PCB. Not to be defeated by a DC motor i popped the lid of, what i found was that the motor brushes where completely gone!
After digging up a spare Cassette deck motor i had i started comparing the brushes.
The length is good, the few mm of extra length wont cause a problem here, but the base is a bit to wide, nothing a little visit to the Dremel cant solve.
So putting the “new” brushes in and testing the motor by supplying some power directly to the brushes confirmed i had pulled of a sucsessful repair
But, putting the motor in the DCC it still didn’t turn… This makes me think the speedregulator inside the motor most likely is broke too.
But what if i connect my lab bench psu to the motor directly and turn the radio on, the first test on ACC proved that it worked! But now came the task of carefully setting the motor speed so it would play a DCC, and it worked!
I can only play DCC for a few minutes at a time before the speed drifts off, but it plays
So this is where im at now, searching a replacement AN6605SP for the motor