Welcome to the DCC Museum Forums!

This is a friendly place where fans of the Digital Compact Cassette get together, to show off what we have, ask questions about the format in general or about recorders/players, and discover what’s possible with modifications to hardware and firmware in existing recorders.

Thanks for visiting, and let us know how you got here, and how you like it, or what we can improve.

The DCC forum team.

Thanks for making this forum, hope this helps on future questions and developments.

2 Likes

thanks for this forum, nice to see all about this superbe format.

greetz, Harrie

2 Likes

Thanks.
Nice to have a dcc forum to :slight_smile:

Mikey

2 Likes

Finally I have arrived, took me too long!
I’m going to share my experiences with DCC in a short while and explain how dcc is still relevant in these Covid 19 times…

2 Likes

Hi & Welcome to the forum Fretlessfender

1 Like

Took me long enough :slight_smile:
I am in awe about all the expertise here on the forum. It is a joy to read.
And it makes me enjoy my dcc machines even more!

2 Likes

Just joined this very nice forum! It contains a lot of interesting experience and knowledge! :clap:
During this Covid period I came across the ddcmuseum Youtube channel and its very informative content.

Being raised in Eindhoven with many ties with Philips and audio equipment I also inherited a DCC951 from my father in law - another audiophile. I kept it as museum piece without any real use.
After the videos by @drdcc I got in touch and am now in the process of ‘re-commissioning’ the DCC951. New capstan rollers are underway, as are some dccmuseum DCC releases.
I hope to learn and contribute here!

3 Likes

Welcome Pieter and thanks for being a Patreon.

Hello DCC lovers…

I just joined this forum and I must say it’s truly amazing
So much knowledge and will to help.
Fantastic to say the least.

I had no knowledge in DCC or DAT what-so-ever before I stumbled upon an ad of a DCC 300 player.
I bought the player and 5 pre-recorded tapes from the seller.
I also got my 951 player from the same seller.
Both have issues.

I really hope I can get them back in working order again.
But with all the kind and helpful people here I’m confident that day will come.

Take care

2 Likes

Hi Mikael and welcome to the forums once again.

Please start a new topic about your DCC300 problems. We don’t want to get carried away in this thread.

===Jac

1 Like

Oh Im sorry.
This was meant as an introduction of how I got into DCC.
Not about the problems.
But I guess I got a little carried away with too much details when describing my way into the DCC world.

It’s now edited

No worries. I meant my remark as an encouragement to post (more details of) your DCC300 problems in a new topic, not as a criticism. I like reading stories like yours about how people got into DCC, especially those who weren’t there when it originally came out in the 1990s.

===Jac

1 Like

Of course.
No offense taken.
I fully understand what you mean.
I will post the DCC 300 story in another topic.
I was there when it originally came out but didn’t pay any attention to it.
I went the minidisc-way.
But that would be another topic…

Looking forward to it… the 300 is a nice 2nd generation recorder… it was my first, and you know what they say about first :rofl:

This is a test,
As menmber longer than a year I posted a long andswer to my former opened topic about new fault on DCC900 . I clicked on “andswer” and it was gone and lost.
Cannot find it and don,t know what happened.
Reason ?
Thank you
Michael

1 Like

Hi,
That would be a first for us as we have not experienced this before. Will try and investigate.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. Our forum software is designed to auto-save. If you close a window, your message will still be there.

I checked our Cloudflare logs, no request from Austria was blocked by them in the last days.

1 Like

Dear Max,
Thank you for checking !
Meanwhile I have posted the message a second time…
Thank You
Michael

1 Like

Greetings DCC fans. I finally managed to get my DD82 running with the help of this forum. Lots of experts and useful stuff here. Thank you for this forum, and for the DCC museum.

2 Likes