Slimline DCC Recorder

Thanks Gidion!

There’s a photo near the bottom of the page that, if you click on it, shows a bigger picture of the deck. Interestingly, if you zoom in on it, you can see that it says “DECK/CD PLAYER DC1010” (at least that’s what it looks like to me).

Note that it doesn’t say “CASSETTE DECK” or “DCC DECK”, just “DECK”. Also there is no DCC logo.

The detailed information in the article about the designer makes me wonder if they knew the guy personally and they got a prototype / preproduction machine from him, or through him. There is definitely no DCC logo and I think it would definitely would have had one if this would be a production unit.

The search continues…

===Jac

EDIT: the Service Manual for the DC1010 that I just googled, also says “DECK/CD PLAYER”…

1 Like

Exactly like the one in the offer I linked. I assume it was a false sales claim and nothing more

Yes it is interesting and I am wondering if it is indeed a prototype.

Well I personally hope to buy one of your refurbished units soon dcc170 so I can start recording some discs:)

Keep up the good work

As I said, I mentioned in my old email that I sent to someone (who is irrelevant right now) in 1997, that I was told by “someone” that early versions of that unit had a DCC deck. Unfortunately I don’t mention in the email who it was that told me that. But at least we have two reasonably reliable reports that there was a Slimline DC1010 with a DCC deck, even if it was only a prototype.

I see Ralf already posted a comment on the blog but the guy who wrote it hasn’t been there since 2013. When I looked up his name on Google, it comes up with a Facebook profile that looks like it matches, but that also hasn’t been updated for a long time…

===Jac

3 Likes

Maybe my ignorance but I believe there is a dc1020 as well

If you look at this link you have detailed photos of the inside of the unit

1 Like

The difference between the DC1010 and DC1020 is probably just the color on the outside. Nice picture though! Surprisingly, I never opened any of my own Slimline equipment while I owned it (gasp!).

===Jac

1 Like

But I doubt that a DCC-variant would not have any different buttons than analog tape.

Good point. That makes me think it was probably not a very feature-rich DCC recorder. But there are other DCC recorders that just have the minimum functionality, like the FC68 which doesn’t even display text for prerecorded cassettes.

=== Jac

1 Like

Jeroen who was mentioned in the blog indicated that he only knows of the already known models. He also indicated that in his opinion the slim Line only had cd and analogue.

1 Like

@GidionDehaan & @Jac & @drdcc & @Max

Look here, my home made pictures.
This Marantz is no a DCC recorder.

3 Likes

Never realised the blogger made a response

“Hi Ralf the deck is a
DECK CD PLAYER DC1010
The amplifier has left under of the display a DCC button.
The remote has,a DCC button as I mentioned and showed on a picture to you in 2019.
I never tried to put a DCC cassette inside…as I have multiple 1029 DC’s in different colors I will give it a try-out.”

1 Like

I recently aquired a slimline dual ACC deck from marantz.

It was cheap on Marktplaats, looked good and came with manual.

It’s called SD635. Looks nice and works good but is awfully cheap made.
It’s based on 2 solenoid operated takashi mechanisms with revolving heads for auto reverse.
One deck is playback only, the other is playback/record.

I am still looking for something better to complete my marantz stack.
SR7000
CD6000
DD-82 (referbished with matching serials, box/manual/remote)
Philips DVD752
Phillips DAT850
Dual CS 505-IV

Hey all, stumbled upon this thread a bit recently and went in search of this player in hopes to get one for myself (I liked the design)

Anyway, I found what looks like one in Germany for sale and didn’t know if anybody had a source out there. Here is the link

Maybe a new addition to the museum? Not sure if it is still available.

-Shane

Looks like it’s available at the time of this writing, and the price is attractive (89 EUR) but that DC1020 is not a DCC recorder.

===Jac

Good catch, did not notice that wasn’t a recorder. The price is quite nice. Unfortunatly I do not live in Germany or know anybody out there.

Are you sure about that? Looking at the photos, the rear panel of the 1020 unit has “in” and “out” jacks for the analog tape side, which would be peculiar indeed if it has no ability to record…

Or do you mean it isn’t a DCC recorder? (i.e. it’s just plain analog cassette?)

That’s what he meant.

===Jac