Share a picture of your DCC set up

MD definitely has the convenience factor going for it, especially for on-the-go listening; the portable units are so much smaller (the MZ-E33 is hardly larger than the disc itself, and just slightly thicker than the single AA battery it runs on), and in the car, you can handle them by feel alone and insert them into the dash player without having to take your eyes off the road to see which end is up. :slight_smile: Personally, I found the sound quality pretty good overall – but it’s definitely less forgiving about poor-quality sound sources than DCC, I think. A pristine CD-to-MD or DCC transfer will sound great on either one, but it seems like DCC is more forgiving about vinyl surface noise than MD is. (At least to my ears, anyway, though I admit I haven’t done any scientific spectrum-analyser testing to prove it. :slight_smile: )

Never did get a DAT deck… I suppose one day I’ll acquire one “just because”, if I see one at a price I like, but not really a priority. I’ve got enough toys stacked up already. :smiley:

3 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. Both about MD quality and number of toys. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The real to reals look like a perfect addition to your cassette decks:)

1 Like

Nice setup! I envy both the equipment and the amount of space you can dedicate towards the setup.

2 Likes

Studer :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Currently recording a dcc from my Naim cd5 cd player and Rega Elex -R amplifier feeding into a pair of Fyne F501 speakers.

2 Likes

Love the boombox:)

1 Like

Thought I’d take a break from the world and build a little hifi that I always wanted without spending a bunch of money. Ikea lack end tables stacked ( happen to be perfect for 19" rack mount stuff, Sony TC-377 , Technics SL-L24 , Phillips FR-910 receiver, DCC-900 , CDC-935 5 disc changer. Don’t mind the mess off to the left still cleaning up.

4 Likes

These Ikea tables are pretty universal and amazingly stable for the fact that they are out of cardboard. I moved your post to this thread because it fits perfectly, hope you don’t mind.

Love that tape recorder! I had one exactly like that, which I used to record Ben Liebrand’s In the Mix and the Grandmixes from the radio. If you play the tape at half speed, you can hear the 19kHz FM stereo pilot tone.

===Jac

1 Like

Awesome set up :slight_smile: what headphones are you using and do you use a dedicated headphone amp?

1 Like

Thanks got the recorder cheap off Goodwill auctions, need to take it apart, clean/oil it and replace the belts. The capstan isn’t spinning currently.

2 Likes

Thanks ! The headphones sound pretty good but are cheap 25$ pair from amazon " OneOdio pro-10" they feel pretty cheap, lacking a little in highs and mids but they work great for now, sound way better then the price. I do have a headphone amp but right now i’m just using the one in the receiver.

2 Likes

Traveling with the Panasonic has been awesome. Although I bit on the large side. Plus battery life is hmmm… on the low side but the 3d printed battery is still miles ahead of the old one:)

Currently playing Sepultura - choas A.D.

4 Likes

Here my setup in my study room, between the Sony stuff you will find the DCC 951 and DCC900. My DCC 600 is in another room.

Next up are some active speakers!

3 Likes

@melduforx
Great audio system. Nice setup!. mmmmm the ZA5ES is also a very nice device!

3 Likes

It looks like you have a good selection of decks as well! What models are your Sony CD players?

2 Likes

I have only one cd-deck, that is the X555ES with a small modification. Replaced almost all caps with Panasonic ones. Really sounds stunning.

It’s a bit dark, will make a new picture. The other is a JA20ES minidisc recorder.

Btw. I believe the ZA5ES was Sony’s last good ES DAT recorder they made.

3 Likes