Rs-dc10

I have a RS DC10PP Replaced SMD Caps the unit plays both standard cassette and DCC tape both channels play well, I did find that once in a while A side drops out side B works. Did service mode test all Zeros. In record mode VU Meters show that unit is recording but no playback. Wondering if belt and pinch rollers could cause recording issue due to slipping.
Ed

From what you are describing it sounds like the pinch rollers.

1 Like

I cleaned the pinch rollers playback is good on both DCC and Standard cassette, Service Mode plaback for both shows all Zeros. When I use service mode on tape I tried to record to Service mode goes all F’s. At beginning of tape all sorts of numbers alphabet’s/numbers appeared , but I did note a burst of sound a couple of times. Could the tape Im using to record be issue? Unfortunately I only have one blank tape at present, and many prerecorded.
Thanks
Ed

With only one tape to record/test it will be hard as is could also be a tape problem.

Going to visit a friend who has extra tapes today, will update my findings later today.

Tried new/used tapes still no recording. When I examined the read write board prior to replacing caps I noted that a 10UF cap had fallen off. There was a fair amount of corrosion from caps as well. I repaired R167 as it was corroded badly. Does anyone have a good photos of both sides of this board that I can use as reference for components and broken trace I have found and repaired. Perhaps resistors could have fallen of due to capacitor leakage and corrosion. Would be much easier visually to trace components picture wise than use schematic to confirm location/connection.
Thanks
Ed

Hi,
You would need to replace all caps in order to prevent more damage.

Here is a video about this topic. In the description you can find more information about the capacitors.

I did replace all caps on both sides of board and did clean it well. I figure that if a cap fell off and R167 was solder was badly corroded, that perhaps some resistors or other components may have fallen off (there are some blank pads). If you happen to have a photo of both sides of of the board I could quickly and visually spot missing components and than confirm components on schematic.
Ed

Sorry should have mentioned photos of a working board. That way I can see traces and components.
Ed

Morning Edd, I have a good pic of PW03 read/write PCB if it helps:

I may be able to get a pic of the reverse side later and images of the PZ03 DA/AD board. Regards, Dave.

And the PZ03 board:

Dave
Thanks Very much this is exactly what I need and would be great if you can get backside of the other board. Oddly that is the side which seamed to have the most corrosion from caps.
Thank You Again I will keep you posted on my progress.
Ed

1 Like

Hi Edd, dont think I will be stripping it down that far, to much to do on the PZ03 board :roll_eyes: Sure someone may be along soon with a pic to help you out :+1:

Best I can do today:

Thank You I have the weekend to sort this out. It helps me alot.
Ed

1 Like