RS-DC10 no music

My RS-DC10 Technics plays nothing with DCC cassettes (VU meters don’t move) and only heavy noise with regular cassette. Capactors don’t look leaky (visual inspection only) so I haven’t replaced them (although very well explained but looks difficult on the Video of DCC Museum). Lot of dust in the player (cleaned a bit now). Any help?

Hi Mario and welcome to the forum. Clean your head, check and clean your pinch rollers, clean you capstan rollers first. The machine will need recapping without exception I’m afraid. Here are some pics of a board I’m working on this morning, you may think they look ok, but using 20x magnification, they dont look good!

2 Likes

Thanks! Do you think it’s worth a try changing the capacitors knowing I’m sort of a rooky in soldering? I did it a few times only?

Hi Mario, you can try - but just remember what you are working on! If things go wrong, you may not be able to get hold of a replacement easily! :worried:
I have done quite a bit of electronics including smd stuff such as chipping xbox’s etc and still I find this a challenge on these boards.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new to the forum and joined because I hoped to find somebody that can fix my DCC900 that doesn’t produce any music. Mechanically it seems OK, but no signal, even with pre-recorded cassettes.

1 Like

Hi @pmboth & welcome to the forum. Where in the world are you?

1 Like

And please stop trying! The reason your machine doesn’t produce any music is because of those capacitors. You might ruin the head! So until it is fixed… shut it down!

2 Likes