Philips DCC951 Auto edit not work with Optical IN

Hi, after replacing the pinch rollers and the display card of my recently purchased Philips DCC951, I noticed that during the recording from optical IN it does not number the tracks even though the cd player inserts pauses of 3 seconds between one track and another . The tracks are numbered from the analogue input. Auto edit is ON. Is this normal behavior?
Thank you
Umberto

What CD player are you using? There might be some not correctly handling the track skips in S/PDIF.

1 Like

When you record via a digital input, the DCC recorder depends on special markers that the CD players inserts into the S/PDIF data stream. It doesn’t depend on pauses between tracks when you record digitally. That’s nice because you should still get track markers from albums that have continuous music, such as a live concert.

Unfortunately, as Max already implied: a lot of optical disc players (especially BluRay and DVD players) don’t send those markers anymore. If you have a different player (preferably a dedicated CD player, not a DVD or SACD or BluRay player) with a digital output (optical or coax), try that.

===Jac

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanations. my cd player is Tachnics SL-PG590 which obviously does not manage the track marker, the important thing is that it is not a DCC defect.
Umberto

2 Likes