Philips DCC-170 - broken belt?

Hello.
I am new here, I’ve been user of DCC-450 with collection of about 50 DCC cassettes for many years.
Recently I’ve acquired a DCC-170 set. However it looks like a player is broken. When connected to AC adapter LCD displays “Charging”. And when trying to play cassette one can only hear sound of whirring motor stop/start sound but no any info on LCD. Is it possible it is broken belt? I thought in that case some info would appear on LCD. Is there any diagnostic mode for DCC-170 or should I disassemble it to know more?

1 Like

It can have multiple causes. Please watch this video by @drdcc before you disassemble it, it is more complicated than the stationary ones. If you don’t feel comfortable repairing it, you can contact [email protected].

1 Like

Thanks, movie looks very comprehensive. I believe do have necessary tools and experience to do this, however I’m not sure if I find a spare time to do all this - two small children :wink: I’ll think it all over then, perhaps I’ll just sell it and concentrate my maintenance efforts on DCC-450 which works good for now. Are “for sale” topics allowed at all on this forum? I didn’t find this information in general forum rules.

1 Like

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
We are happy to assist you with the repair.
Sales however is not allowed on this forum.

Ralf

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying situation - I’ll think about repair carefully and in case of sale will just use ebay - otherwise I’ll come back with questions I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like