Now Covid is (more or less) behind us

When I first teamed up, I stated that I thought that DCC was still relevant during these times and that I would explain why…

Now that things are more or less normalised (except for the Ukraine) I will explain my self…

38 years ago I started a radio program for a hospital called “Like A Thief In The Night”. It was directed to the personnel in the nightshift hence the name. I made this program for years in the radio studio of that hospital, recorded it to a reel to reel and we used records, cd’s and audio cassettes as a source. I still have some of those broadcast tapes from back in the day and it is really fun to hear those back from time to time.

Fast forward 36 years…
The same guy I made these programs with is still my best friend, and because of the whole Covid situation he was home locked… his office was closed and was bound to work from home. He was getting a bit lonesome because of this as you can imagine.
Just before I became (totally by chance) the owner of 2 DCC170’'s… one was already restored and the other one had a lose belt that I replaced…
Than one evening I thought why don’t I lend one recorder to him and revive Like A Thief In The Night? Let us make the old program and do it through DCC!
So we did!
We exchanged tapes with music we discovered in the past 30 years or more. And that is a lot of music!
My friend is not able to make radio programs anymore but he trusted Spotify playlists onto tape, send it to me and I would record the old program, because I still can make radio programs… Together with the original Tune and end Tune…
Being both musicians it kept us thinking about music, which songs to pick and what kind of theme to create…
And this is why DCC was still relevant trough the covid19 years…

Mostly because of this DCC has become a part of me again. Now my company has grown back to health I can finally become a Patreon for the museum, and start reconditioning my DCC stock…

But in the end I want to thank the DCC Museum and this forum for being here… I would not been able to do this and help my friend (and myself) through these troubled times.
That’s it…

9 Likes

Great Story. Thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Just became a Patron!

3 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like