Marantz DD-82 records on DCC but no audio output …

Hi i have a totally mint marantz DD-82 its been re-capped two years back (read/write and head board) been playing perfectly with no drop outs ever, i only ever play DCC cassettes never standard analog tapes, but suddenly it will now not play DCC but plays analog perfectly, but it will record on DCC tapes VUs moving great but playback no audio output no VUs, take the tape play it in another DCC machine the recordings perfect, so its recording on a DCC perfectly but NO audio output from the DCC (analog playback is perfect) so I’m stuck don’t understand why suddenly its dead, is this a head issue, the playback speed has been checked fine for the digital playback, any ideas please, many thanks …

Hi Sun706union,

It would suggest there is something wrong with your RD data signals,
RD CLCK, RD SYNK (SYNC) or RD MUX.

As analog and recording seems to work it is not one of the other signals, ground or power.

Are the BP (NP) 4,7uf elco’s also been replaced on the RW BOARD (head board) ?
This could be a possible issue. (RD MUX)
BP 2,2uf elco on the Digital board. (RD MUX)

The other possible issue is that a trace or via has failed in the area of the two transistors on the Digital board above the two 10uf elco’s as seen from the connector.

Andre

2 Likes

Thank you Andre I will take a look to see if those caps have definitely been replaced :+1:

The other possible issue is that a trace or via has failed in the area of the two transistors on the Digital board above the two 10uf elco’s as seen from the connector.

Schematic for the mentioned part of the board !

Andre

1 Like

Thank you so much I will definitely have a look this gives me some hope.