Just bought myself a DCC951 but I do have some questions

I recently bought a DCC951 for a marketplace in Holland. According to the selling party it is in top condition. Replacement of belts, pinchrollers, and even the capstans, etc…

I does play fantastic, and also from the outside it looks brand new. Just opened the player and indeed the pinch rollers are a new including the capstands.

When looking in the insde I also saw something that could maybe an issue. There are two large condensators, which have some brown tacky stuf beneath. Could this be leakage? Do I have to replace them? or is this just old sticky glue?

As I’m new to this forum, i’m also going to make an introduction, that is always nice within a forum with like-minded regarding DCC :stuck_out_tongue:

Tom

1 Like

Welcome! Could you post a photo of it? Here you can upload it directly, you can even directly take a photo with mobile devices.

1 Like

@Max,

just included one of the pics… and another one:

This is just glue holding the capacitors and you do not need to worry.

Ralf

1 Like

@drdcc… thank you!
pfeeeewwwww… that was I just wanted to know…

1 Like

Hi @Tomasso, as I mentioned, you don’t need to upload it somewhere else, we don’t want that as most image-hosters delete photos after a while or just go out of business. I edited your posts to upload them directly here for you, for the future there is a upload button in the toolbar, please use it for future images, videos and other files, in 10-years someone could have the same question und without the photo the whole thread would be pointless.

1 Like

Hi Max, as I’m new I could only upload one picture. I will keep that in mind?! Thank you
Tom

2 Likes

I did not have that in mind, I think I’ll adjust that it in the future. I promoted you to a member. Thank you!

1 Like