Just bought myself a DCC951 but I do have some questions

I recently bought a DCC951 for a marketplace in Holland. According to the selling party it is in top condition. Replacement of belts, pinchrollers, and even the capstans, etc…

I does play fantastic, and also from the outside it looks brand new. Just opened the player and indeed the pinch rollers are a new including the capstands.

When looking in the insde I also saw something that could maybe an issue. There are two large condensators, which have some brown tacky stuf beneath. Could this be leakage? Do I have to replace them? or is this just old sticky glue?

As I’m new to this forum, i’m also going to make an introduction, that is always nice within a forum with like-minded regarding DCC :stuck_out_tongue:

Tom

2 Likes

Welcome! Could you post a photo of it? Here you can upload it directly, you can even directly take a photo with mobile devices.

1 Like

@Max,

just included one of the pics… and another one:

This is just glue holding the capacitors and you do not need to worry.

Ralf

1 Like

@drdcc… thank you!
pfeeeewwwww… that was I just wanted to know…

2 Likes

Hi @Tomasso, as I mentioned, you don’t need to upload it somewhere else, we don’t want that as most image-hosters delete photos after a while or just go out of business. I edited your posts to upload them directly here for you, for the future there is a upload button in the toolbar, please use it for future images, videos and other files, in 10-years someone could have the same question und without the photo the whole thread would be pointless.

1 Like

Hi Max, as I’m new I could only upload one picture. I will keep that in mind?! Thank you
Tom

2 Likes

I did not have that in mind, I think I’ll adjust that it in the future. I promoted you to a member. Thank you!

1 Like

I have had the same problem on my DCC 730 that didn’t turn on. I simply removed the caps, I cleaned the glue between the capacitor and the circuit because it could become conductive over time and block the recorder from turning on. Now the recorder turns on and it is working perfectly.

1 Like

Hi. it’s a glue, it’s crystallized / depolymerized to a certain degree with the time, that’s why it has brown color.

The glue gets old, sometimes becomes conductive, and then might interfere or leak signal to other components.
I have seen this happening in many major brands, causing failures or crackling noise.
I sometimes scratched an opening in the glue, but the best way is to get rid of it.

Does anybody know if this glue is solvable by any available liquid?

1 Like