I bought a dead Philips DCC 300

Hi, I’m new here and bought my first DCC player.
It is a Philips DCC 300, advertised as not powering up.
I thought it might be a broken fuse so I got it.

What voltages should I get from the power supply?

Is it salvageable?

Thank you

Welcome to the forums!

You can download the service manual for the DCC300 at https://digitalcompactcassette.github.io/Documentation/Service%20Manuals/philips_dcc300.pdf.

It’s likely that it’s fixable if the head is good but there are some other potential problems such as broken gears. They can be obtained from the DCC museum if necessary.

===Jac

Hello, I’ve got the same problem and the service manual doesn’t mension a thing about the power supply, I messeared the output on a working one and results on the 8 pins terminal are: pin1and2 -6Vdc, pin 3 31Vdc, pin 4 and5 20Vdc, pin 6 is ground, pin 7 40Vdc, pin 8 -11Vdc, I meassured from pin 6 to the other pin’s assuming that pin 6 is ground. I’ve find out that there wasn’t any fuse blowed but 2 transistor C32740 and 1 zener diode C30PH, I replaced the 2 transistors with BC327 and the zener by a BZX85C30 but still nothing!! Does anyone have an idea?

Hello members, I wrote in my first message about my problem with the faulty power supply and I have to make some corrections on that, I found out that when meassuring the voltage, the power supply has to be disconnected from the mainboard and that the ground is on pin 4 and 5, so the voltages are from ground(pin 4&5): pin1 -25Vdc, pin2 -25Vdc, pin3 12Vdc, pin6 -19Vdc, pin7 19Vdc, pin8 -31Vdc, these are correct, meassured from a 100% working power Supply, sorry for my mistake.