Found a Japanese DCC900 for sale (110w) - anything other than recap likely on this Gen1?

Hi DCCC folk.

Whilst I am looking for a Technics Player/Recorder deck ultimately - I have found nearby a DCC900 which is apparently in VGC / full working order. Appreciating this is a Gen1 unit - other than the re-cap necessary per the link below:

Is there anything else I can expect to have issues with or that might stop me jumping into this unit until I can find my ideal one? I will have to use a step converter from 110 to local 240v (assuming too $ to actually convert over the unit itself). Here’s a pic of the rear of the unit.

Thanks.
Sheeds.

Hi,
Maybe belts and pinch rollers are wise as well.
We have the original 220V transformer, that can be inserted by removing 4 screws and swapping the 100V for the 220V. We have done it several times.

1 Like

Wow - that’s awesome. So would make sense (as a patreon) to order the 220v transformer, punch rolls, belts and caps all at once and have a service kit for a technician here in Australia to service for me?

Appreci the quick replies :smiley:

Also - I am worried a little by the apparent corrosion on the lower rear panel screws (and pitting on the RCA outputs id you see the picture I attached), that tells me this has not been as well stored/looked after as the seller is suggesting. Would raise questions over wanting to inspect the internals by removing the lid/cover if this is observable on the rear!

Happy to help.
The screws are copper and not rusted from what I can see.

1 Like

Ahh that explains it. Didn’t blow up the pic for a closer look. Cheers.

So am I able please to get a quote as a Patreon for a service parts kit including:

• 220v transformer switch over from 110v.
  • Replacement Caps set
  • Replacement Pinch Rolls
  • Replacement Belt

Thanks very much. I hope to pick up the unit this weekend and will share it back here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Contact us at [email protected] please