DCC600 problem after pinch rollers replaced

@Max is right. You can replace the entire assembly.

1 Like

You can clearly see in the picture of the drive assembly that the right clamp that should hold the small brown PCB is missing, it broke off. Therefor the position of the board is not perfectly aligned for the ‘motion’ sensor. I tried to glue the left and right part it as you see to keep it in place but it did not work reliably.

Now, as suggested, I will swap the complete head assembly with that of another machine.

-Philip.

2 Likes

That is very inventive! Good show!

Yes thank you I forgot mentioning this!

That extract I have problem with technics dc-10 t
I have to send it out to the DCC museum I am going to replace another pinch roller for my DCC-900. But I am scared to have the same problem. DCC museum please help us. Why and how can we fix that problem.

1 Like

Hi,
The Technics has a different mechanism and electronics as it is a first generation player.
We are happy to help. If you could send it to us for repair/review?

For future reference, this is how it looks when everything is ok and not broken :grin:

-Philip.

4 Likes

This MUST be the same problem I’m having with my 600, the one when tapes stops in the middle of tape, autoreverse and tries side B for a second and then stop for no reason.
I’ve measured the mirror-wheel and that infrared sensor and they work.

If only playing analog tapes, would it be possible to unsolder the roller sensors and only use the mirror?

I haven’t tried yet, if the logic board would allow it.