DCC 900 track info bad

Hello I’m Pieter from the netherlands. I have an error on the track 9 on the DCC900, when the tape is recorded on this recorder. Tapes recorded on the DCC951 give no error when played on the DCC900. The capacitors and pitch rollers are already replaced. The music sounds perfect and no errors on these channels. Time screen goes on/off so this is caused by channel 9 I think. Also the calibration tapes are working fine for playback. Is there a problem with recording current, PCB or head.?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Hi Pieter and welcome,
You did some great research already. When the info blinks and goes on and off it usually means pinch rollers or tape. Did you replace the pinch rollers and tested several tapes? Next step is to clean the switches on the left inside of the mechanism (watch our video about the TOC problem on YouTube).
If the problem persists, it could be the read-write board or even the head (not so likely).

Ralf

Hello Ralf, thanks for your help. The pitch rollers are new and I’ve tested a few tapes.(only Philips)
I’ll have a look at the switches. But with tape recorded in the DCC951 gives no errors. I can also look at the read write board. The old elco’s demaged the board because of the leakage of the elco’s.
Thanks for support, Pieter

Happy to Help.
Ok, we will have a great update on new read-write boards coming soon, if that is the cause of your problem. Stay tuned and follow the drdcc YouTube channel for more information.

Ralf

2 Likes

Wut?! :astonished: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes