3D printed simple lithium ion bracket for the DCC 170 and simular players

I made a simple bracket for the my DCC 170 player. It is designed so it can stay in the player at all times. The lithium ion cell can be removed from the bracket when inside the player for charging.

8 Likes

This is great! very nice done, do you also sell them?

I just uploaded it to shape ways ( I always use this platform) and it not that expensive in my opinion. What material do you advice?

2 Likes

I have used PLA, that is the cheapest option and it works well with these type of models. I can print one for you if you want to, but I am short on power boosters, so I cannot make lots of working ones.

1 Like

Great!
I see that the 18650 batteries for it, have 3000mAh capacity. That is a lot more than original one. How long does the player last with this battery? I’m curious.

1 Like

In our test it works up to 7 hours in a dcc170.

2 Likes

That would be great, where did you bought the power boosters? Are you from The Netherlands? Would these be any good?

Greets Tom

1 Like

Yes I am :slight_smile: These cells would be fine I guess. All the parts I used are in the description of the thingiverse link. I can make a working bracket for you, found three powerboosters in my attic. In general it is not my intention to sell these in large quantities: I have a regular job that pays my bills :joy:

2 Likes

That would be great, I pm you. Its only one for my own use. Greets Tom

1 Like

I want it. When you purchase the shell and battery too. Thank you

I can sell a limited amount of brackets, I have no batteries and chargers, you have to buy them yourself. This project is meant as “do it yourself”. All needed parts are in the description of the thingiverse item.

1 Like

I would love one for the dcc museum.

Ralf

1 Like

Please send a link to order the bracket. also please give us advice on which battery need to buy too.
Thank you

1 Like

Wow, nice work! i like it a lot

1 Like

Wow awesome work. Thank you for sharing

Got two brackets left. I cannot make more now, waiting for pcb’s from AlieExpress. Please send me a PM if interested.

Note. Pricing removed by admin.

1 Like