Period articles about DCC!

I must say that I find these awesome reads. Can you explain how you are finding these as we have not seen them before. Keep sending them in. They are a treasure timepiece.

Ralf

1 Like

Oh I found them on Newspapers.com! Yes there is a paywall but it’s worth it!

2 Likes

From October 9, 1990: DCC was so new there were no photos!

3 Likes

Ok here’s a November 18, 1992 news story about DCC from a Minneapolis TV station.

I had no way to imbed since this isn’t from YouTube it so you’re gonna click on the clip.

https://www.footage.net/Search

1 Like

Do you need an account?. If I search for Digital Compact Cassette it will show a Conus clip, but it will not play/preview.

I don’t think so. It plays on my phone just fine when I tap on it and I don’t have an account. My suggestion would be just go to Footage.net and search for “Digital Compact Cassette” it should be in there in the search results when you scroll down.

Here’s some radio clips from 1992 of a radio show interviewing the Marantz booth at CES about DCC!

1 Like

On my phone it did work. Thanks.

1 Like

Glad to see you got the clip to work.

From December 23, 1990:

Citaat
“a 120-minute DCC is expected to be on the market very soon”

Yeah, still waiting for that…

Citaat
“You will also be able to program your DCC deck to play the songs on the tape in any order”

Have not seen that I believe, anyway not on my Philips decks.

-Philip.

We have a few proto 120 Minute tapes. The tape must be really thin to fit it in the shell.

November 26 1992 ad for an electronics store in New Mexico. Includes ad for the CD-I

2 Likes

“Many innovations brought to a new cassette format: Digital Compact Disc”. Uh, what? :smiley:

===Jac

1 Like

DCC comes to Florida

December 18, 1992

2 Likes

Fono Forum, Ausgabe 7/1992

2 Likes

Awesome. Other posters Are welcome to contribute.

From July 22, 1990: mainly an article about DAT but some mentions of what would eventually become DCC!

From August 9, 1992

2 Likes

May 27, 1992: Many articles about DCC seem to be about it’s concurrent release with the other recording format at the time.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to a 1993 magazine found on archive.org. Excellent article on DCC!

2 Likes

From November 1st 1990

Article about DCC eventually rivaling DAT

1 Like